Yes you read it correctly I feel like a glorified swivel bobble head doll right now. We had been invited to a birthday party for a friend and it was a blast. I don't consider what my kids do to be exactly listening more pushing to the brink of disaster. All things considered they did great. It was in the back yard (unfenced and till this year would have been my nightmare) on a fairly busy street. We were back nice and far from the street but I still have flash backs to being pregnant and chasing my son everywhere. The kids are @ 19 months apart which is nice now but horrible in the past. FYI both my kids walked and ran at 9 months so we are all about moving and shaking. So even thought they did a great job at the party it was the first unconfined party with lots of kids, I have done solo. Usually its on a Sat and Daddy comes. But I made it through with flying colors, both kids alive, no all out screaming fests, and only a few stern voices used all day. I positioned myself so I could be close enough to each kid to make a save but of course they had to be at opposite sides of the yard most of the time Hence the swivel bobble head. A miracle did occur....... I got to eat and for me with my 2 that is a
OMG moment. They at that moment both chose to play in the same spot calmly. I actually finished my meal and got to talk to other people!!!!! I have done tons of other events solo but not a kids party with slip and slides , a sprinkler ,a pool and swing set. So much to do .So many friends to be kind to. So much trouble to get in.. There had to have been Divine intervention. Maybe I graduated this June and did not even know it. But now the masters degree might be more than I can handle ( I think you need to have 4 kids to earn it)
LOL. We swam, slid , splashed and played all morning So I Big Happy 3rd Birthday to the best little lawn mowing dude I know! ( sorry I can't use names Carmelita but its for the safety of the kiddos) I hope your alias was Carmelita or was it Carmela. Oh poo I know it was something like that. But you know who you are. I thanked your mom for having us all over. Your parents are really great but then you came from them so it figures! So now the kids are napping and I need to rest my poor bobble head in an hour I am back on duty.
Ciao
2 comments:
Hey Jenn- your blog spot is awesome - I am so proud of you! I actually have one - I missed blogging 101 but would like to get mine going so..... look for me soon too!
Denise..Blogging 102 will be in July. I will email you with the details.
Post a Comment