Saturday, June 21, 2008

I must be getting sentimental

I was reading a post on meetup ( my playgroup to be exact) that asked what our wedding song was and for the life of me I could not remember the exact name. How bad is that. I did know the artist and the movie it was on the sound track of. LOL Yes it was From Zorro. Gotta love the whip sound in the beginning, running horses its a real mood setter. But I loved the words so when I heard it the first time I knew it was meant to be. I actually think it is one of the strongest memories of my whole wedding day. I sang it from beginning to end as we did our first dance as a married couple. ( 9 damn long years after we met) Funny to even mention this but the long time to get a ring on the girls finger runs in the family. I think it took his dad 7 yrs, his brother 8 and then there was me. Thank gosh they did not have any more boys or we might still be waiting on a wedding. But I have gone off track. Its been 8 years since that wedding day. We have since paid off college, bought cars, a house, adopted 2 cats , and then 2 dogs (which we did 1 day before we found out we were prego) If I had only known. ( I would have thought longer but still adopted them). We have had 2 beautiful kids and I have fallen more in love with my hubby with each passing day. Sometimes I think we need to look back at the journey we have made just to appreciate where we are and plan to go. It was long, sometimes painful but it has made life all the sweeter . Maybe I am high on the blogging stuff and becoming more MENTAL than sentimental but it is were my thoughts have taken me this evening. I think the Hormones are raging I feel a bitch fest coming on......... AHHHHH. Sorry to all those that had to deal with me today I think some sleep will help. I hope so.
Good night moon, good night spoon...........lol okay I really need to get off this computer before I lose it totally

Ciao

PS check out the play list for my wedding song ( I want to spend my lifetime loving you). I have never found another couple with the same wedding song. Let me know what yours is!!

Jen signature

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Our wedding song was "It's your Love" by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw.

Sarah said...

We didn't have a traditional wedding so no wedding song but.. our family song is... "Is this Love?" by Bob Marley. We all sing it and reggae style to it. Fun.. probably more fun for those watching us dance though...

Jennifer said...

So so weird. We were very close to using that as our wedding song. I can't remember why we didn't. I think because I felt like we would have to be really good dancers and we're so not. We ended up going with Cross My Heart by George Strait.

Anonymous said...

I could not ask for more. . . Edwin McCain

Sarah said...

Jenn....

Love the buttons!
Love the tickers for the kids!
Love the post!
Love the Twitter links!
Love the music!
Love the poll!

Love that you are opening up and having so much fun with your blog!

If the best is yet unwritten.. I can't wait to see what is yet to come...

Sarah

Tiffany said...

So sweet. We are celebrating 10 years in July. I never thought I could love him more than I did that day, but I do. Infinitely more.

Anonymous said...

Ours was "Wrapped up in You" by Garth Brooks. Recently I found my CD that was my favor for the wedding [Jenn your song is on there too]. Anna is sooo into it. We get in the car and she says "Mommy, play your wedding song, the one with the maroccas and guitar and drums", and then its " I want to hear the one with the horses", that would be yours, and last my parents "the hawaiian wedding song" by Elvis, cause she thinks the beginning is funny. Play the CD for them in the car, Lily will LOVE knowing your song, Anna has started to know the words of ours, and I think it will be our "family song"