Yeah for us. I called AAA at 9:10 they were here before 9:30. A miracle has
occurred or there service has improved tremendously since I had used them 10+ years ago. He was not toothless or dirty but a very sweet gentleman who seemed to like kids. He was beyond a dream..... So okay I was still running late the movie started at 10 and I was still in pj's but with a bra so Hell Yeah I was ready to go to a dark movie with millions of screaming kids since I anticipated only being there for 5 min....... The car needed to run for 30 min to recharge the battery so off like a prom dress we went. My hair uncombed but pulled back in a bun so you could not even tell. No makeup ( i almost never wear any anyway) my healthy tan ( well burn) was glowing nicely. I felt great and we had 30 min to get to the movie. We got there before 10 maybe 9:45 and I have to decide to shut off the car and go in (what
the kids wanted) or stay in the car to the last second fearing it would not start when I made my emergency EXIT from the movie. Caution to the wind I turned the key and jumped out grabbing the kids hands as I ran. Well okay getting a good seat was more important than the car it would be a good test for AAA service anyway. I have paid for years never using it!!! We get in to the theater to get the tickets nightmare Alvin is sold out and that was what
the kids wanted to see...... oh no disaster is
eminent. I asked for 4 tickets and
apologized to the kids and told them we had not gotten there early enough but Jimmy
neutron was the movie for us! And they bought it now to get past the snack counter.... they asked I said a firm NO and we waltzed in to the movie no problems yet.... We found seat in the middle not great but not bad we had to ask the grandfather to move a few times but he chose to sit next to the aisle. We had one I got to go potty mid movie so we
splurged on popcorn and a soda while out for a break. We made it through the whole movie from the cartoon to the credits no issues. My angels are here again.
Yahoooooo Gammy lost her sunglasses so we had to wait till the lights came on 10 min after the movie ended but we found them. I can feel God smiling down at me.... we make it back to the car and drive home to find ....
The house across the street is cutting down huge trees. You might not find this to be a thrill but it made my kids day. At this point My daughter passed out on the sofa ( she has never once done that EVER) so I carried her to bed and she did not want to be there so she is snuggled in my bed. A nap I had not asked for is always a priority. ( I wonder if she is getting sick?) My son is eating and playing outside life is good to me!! So jimmy has turned my frown upside down!! How amazing a day can I have I can only wait and see.
Oh I will say that the regal ciinemas are great. The provide the free family film festival each summer this being my first try I was very pleased. We got to our seats and found the kids were a bit small to see over and get a clear view of the screen but they have boosters right out side the movie!! How cool is that and something I never knew. You do learn something every day! Moms out there if you have never gone you might as well try it! We really want to see the veggie tails movie"the pirates that do nothing" so check out your local reagal and get some use out of this awsome offer while its hot out !! You can't beat FREE and worst case you leave!!!
3 comments:
Wow, sunburn and now a dead battery??? You need a mom's nite out...
Poor Jenny! :)
I second the MNO.... When & Where?
I posted a sunburn story in your honor under my TT.
Post a Comment