I thought this meme was really cool so here are the rules:
1.Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.
The closest book to me Ugh I have a whole shelf in arms reach all that I have read already. iny meany miny mo catch a book by the ......
Spooky I opened the book to the correct page first try. Guess that means it was a good page!!
Okay The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck
I read this one a long time ago...
Now Wang Lung had never in his youth or at any time learned the meaning of letters upon paper, and he could not, therefore make anything out of such paper covered with blackmarks and pasted upon city gates or upon walls or sold by the handful or even given away. Twice had he had such a paper given to him.
The first time it was given by a foreigner such as the one he had pulled unwittingly in his rickshaw one day, only this one who gave him the paper was a man, very tall, and lean as a tree that has been blown by winter winds.
Okay I think due to it being summer and everyone is soooo busy I too shall let you tag yourself but please leave me a comment so I can come see what you have or are reading. I need a good book for vacation!! Thanks







1 comment:
Thanks for playing along!! Also, I appreciate you coming by to comment on the pet peeves thing. You know, I have to agree with you about the visuals that sometimes it is more fun to create your own. Why didn't I think of that?? Seeing how I am the teacher and visualization is what I teach!! I would have emailed you, but I couldn't find your address so hopefully you don't mind my commenting here!!
Post a Comment