Friday, July 4, 2008

Rain Rain go away.......

Rain Rain go away.......
Happy Independence Day or 4th of July!!
I still think it is Saturday...When ever my hubby is home my brain gets confused especially if its a holiday during the week. I was equally off because I have a playgroup event every Friday unless it rains. Some Fridays we have had 18 families... Thats right families and very few only have 1 child these days. My playgroup has been popping out babies faster than you can imagine but we have a large group of 2 now almost 3 yr olds so it was time for the new wave to hit! Anyway so it was a slight rain which does not bother me but people were dropping like flies. Now to find fun on a rainy holiday and that ain't easy. The library is closed, moonbounce is closed, we could have done a movie but we did one this week already. There was the pool but it was chilly this morning so we passed. What is left???? My phone started ringing Yahoo some other person not having fun YET!! So a small group decided to meet at chickfilet for food and fun. I prayed it was not packed and it was not. We got there first( no big surprise to anyone who knows me I am always a fanatic about being on time) My kids needed to eat before friends came anyway. SO we met up with Ms. Silly Girl ( my son named her since we have a lot of Shannons in our group of friends) and 2 of her boys!! I had called my sons best friends mom so they were coming too. Yeah Partay at chickfilet!! We were there for over 2 hrs. Who does that? desperate moms that's who. then sadly we needed more fun so we went to chuck E Cheese for additional (torture) oh I meant fun. How many times can a mom say don't put your thumb in your mouth its dirty before they give up?? I don't know I have not reached that point but I got very close. T (that is hubby) was a trooper today he rode a jet ski , drove cars, played millions of games and did not complain once. It was a good day for all but not the normal 4th of July I think of in my minds eye.
Puffy clouds in a bright blue sky. The warm sun baking down on you. The smell of food on the grill. The splash of water even if it is pool water. Then dusk hits and the fireflies come out. Even the mosquitoes buzzing the smell of those nasty candles that don't seem to help. And last but not least the cool air drifting down making you get a chill while the smell of fire works accost you sense of smell. You lay there watching the most beautiful colors blooming in the sky. Its and unforgettable experience and one I am not having tonight. Boo Hiss but I hope to maybe this weekend. I hope some of you are having better weather than we are here. Please send it our way! Thanks

Jen signature

4 comments:

Nikicham said...

http://www.selmanc.info/imageshomepage/fireworks.jpg

Hope your 4th of July gets much much better!!!

Sarah said...

You all had so much fun.. with out me... Damn cold! Damn sore throat, Damn it all!!!!!

Mel said...

We were lucky and bipassed the rain until fireworks time. Today is a bit dreary although we were so busy yesterday I don't mind if it rains so I can take a nap. It sounds like you were super mommy and still made the day a blast yesterday. We are fans of Chucky too and he is perfect on rainy days. Hope the sun sneaks in over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I loved that you called me to join you guys for this playgroup. I was late as always, but since you know me I am sure it did not surprise you! We had not seen eachother in some time so I was really really happy to see you and the kids! I know Cris had the best time in a while!!! Thanks for always remembering me! We had a great 4th of July even without the fireworks or the great weather!